ABOUT SPL COMMUNICATIONS
SPL Communications offers a wide range of video production services. We’ve been around for a while so we must be doing something right!
If you’re on the lookout for a reliable and professional film company to use, talk to us!
When I set up SPL Communications I wanted it to be a company that made really great films – but without them costing a fortune. I’d spent some time before that making ‘TV commercials for radio commercial money’ so I knew how to create great value where my clients wanted to see it – on screen.
That’s as true today as it’s always been but in an industry where budgets seem to be in a perpetual race to the bottom, I still believe we offer the best value out there for the level of experience and expertise we offer.
I’d love you to put that to the test by asking us to quote on your next films. Why not give us a call? You may be pleasantly surprised!
- Cost-effective production – always
- We’ll be honest with you – not just sell you something
- Ask us for a free initial consultation
Trading terms of business
The SPL Communications Terms of Business are laid out below;
- Any prices quoted to you are exclusive of VAT where applicable and VAT will be added to any applicable invoices addressed to clients in applicable territories.
- Where scripts and/or treatments are supplied with costs, these costs are for a fair representation of the concepts contained therein. Where clients supply a script, our costs are for fair representation of that script.
- Payment terms will be negotiated but are either
- 30 days from date of invoice for established accounts only;
- A pre-production invoice (normally 50%) with the balance paid on delivery;
- Stage payments to an agreed schedule in the case of production schedules over two months.
- Cancellation fees will become payable if you cancel or delay a project once a filming and post-production schedule is agreed upon.
- Within 30 working days of shoot date: 35% of total production charge
- Within 15 working days of shoot date: 50% of total production charge
- Within 5 working days of shoot date: 75% of total production charge
- Within 2 working days of shoot date: Full charge
- Changes to productions once project is under way: We reserve the right to renegotiate costs if your requirement changes. We will do our best to communicate estimates to you in a timely fashion if this is the case.
- Source files and project files are not normally supplied unless by special arrangement at the time of quoting. Rushes can be supplied after full payment is received and a suitable drive is supplied.
- Force Majeuere or Act of God: The due performance of any contract made by any party with Ian Sandall Ltd t/a SPL is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control.
- Methods of payment are cheque, bank transfer or credit card.
- Limitation of Liability: In the unlikely event of a total video/photographic equipment failure or cancellation of any contract for video work(s) by either party or in any other circumstance, the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
Website usage terms
The term ‘SPL’ or ‘SPL Communications’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 26 Frewland Avenue, Stockport, SK3 8TZ. Our company is registered in England: 2618636. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.